Thursday, April 12, 2012
In regard to my last post and the comments
The one about the whole "Good Guy" syndrome
But I don't completely believe that there is a black and white classification to people. But, there are the extremes that adhere to that whole "Good Guy" thing that only want one thing and get upset when they don't get it.
There are always going to be jerks out there, of any gender, who are in a friendship so they can go out with a person and take it much farther. They tend to get really mad that they couldn't "get with" someone that they had their eye one because of whatever reason (that person wasn't interested, that person doesn't want a relationship, that person is already in a relationship, etc)
But there are people out there that don't try for relationship and end up in one because they are genuinely are being a cool person. That's pretty much how I ended up with Ethan.
Now, I know a bunch of people who went out with their friends and realized that they really just wanted to be friends and ended the relationship. And, y'know, that's totally fine. Trying things out and realizing that they do or don't work is part of life.
My thing is the "good guys" that complain about not getting the person they've been eying up and getting upset about them being "friendzoned" and coming up with elaborate ways to bring down that person and say everyone of x gender is a no good [insult of your choice] and that's why no one like x gender.
Things like "All men are scum" and "All women are sleazy" and the like bother me because it's blanket terms over one gender because someone's all bent out of shape because they were rejected.
I figure, you get rejected, you cut your losses and move on to someone who would be more suited to you and your tastes. Don't let rejection get you too down because it's not good for you. Just move on and don't get hung up on what could have been and go find out what can be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your background reminds me of Maine. Is it really a picture of Maine?
ReplyDeleteNo, actually. It's a picture my boyfriend took, but I'm not sure exactly where it is :/
DeleteI'd like to say his previous state of Montana somewhere, but I'm not 100% one that. I'll have to ask him with he gets online.