Tuesday, March 20, 2012



I reworded this for class because the original is riddled with curses and whatnot (the original picture will be up on the Tumblr companion and the twitter feed).

I have a lot of issues with the whole "Good Guy" situation. There are a lot of people (I've seen it mainly with guys, but it can be applied to anyone, no matter what gender) nag and complain about how they get over looked and how they're a good guy and that all the girls/boys/etc should show some sort of interest in them.

They complain that, despite all their hard work and effort and trying to be a good friend, that girls/guys/etc. don't see anything in them and get mad and bent out of shape because they got rejected. They are only nice to the people they like and try to seem like they're not interested and start out as friends with their only intent being that they want a date from that person or would like to have relations with that person, pretty much only using their friendship to get to that point.

Now, I usually call this the "Good Guy Syndrome." I don't like people like this. I typically avoid them because they're not good people to start off with. It's hard to describe how people like this act, but it's like instinct.

These are the kinds of people who get really mad about being "Friend zoned," something of which I'll get into in a later post.

There's also the "Nice Guy," who will be your friend and expect nothing out of you. Sure, there's that chance that they may like you, but they're not going to pursue a relationship you because they actually value your friendship over the chance to be in a relationship with you.

Now, the jury's out as to which of these terms is correct, but this is how I tend to see it, so... I think that I'm missing a few points, but this is generally how I feel about this issue :/

2 comments:

  1. I think many people don't realize that most of the time if you're actively looking for a relationship you probably won't succeed, because (even if only subconsciously) people don't tend to be true to who they really are when they're "trying" to find a relationship. Most of the relationships tend to just 'happen' when you're not trying. Just what i've observed anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dan about how relationships just seem to happen when you're not looking. When people are trying to hard it just never seems to work. With the whole good guy thing, I kinda have to disagree with some parts. I used to be one of those girls that kept going back to the crappy boyfriend and ignoring the good guys until I met my current boyfriend. I will admit at the time when I met him I only thought of him as a friend but it wasn't like he was being my friend just to date me. He was always there for me and told me to do what was best for me, even if it meant not giving him a chance and he would still be my friend either way. Now, I can say I'm glad I took that chance because I found an amazing guy. I don't know if he would fall under the category of the good guy or the nice guy like you explained but just pointing out that he didn't expect anything out of me and just genuinely cared about me no matter what the outcome would be. Its nice to know that they are still "good" guys out there like that :)

    ReplyDelete